The K2A mobility grants for early career researchers and senior researchers seek to contribute to this aim by facilitating South-South, South-North and North-South exchanges. By this, it aims to promote knowledge circulation through exchanges between CLOC partner organisations in South Asia and Switzerland. The purpose of travel could be for carrying out field visits, research collaborations, concrete implementation of research results and/or teaching initiatives.
Early career researchers
The doctoral/post-doctoral students from South Asia and Switzerland seeking to gain exposure and enhance their career profiles are eligible to apply.
The researcher must choose a single institution to be a part of during the entire period of the grant.
Researchers must provide a support letter from the supervisor of the host university which details the level of support given by them during the research stay.
The period of research stay can must be a minimum of 2 months. The grant is available for South-South (800 CHF), South-North (3000 CHF), North-South (1700 CHF) exchanges.
The senior researchers from South Asia and Switzerland seeking to gain exposure and improve their research by immersing in a different socio-cultural environment are eligible to apply.
The senior researcher must choose a single institution to be a part of during the entire period of three weeks of the grant. It is important that the senior researcher must have at least three lectures or other teaching elements like workshops, co-supervision of bachelor or master students planned in the host university during the mobility grant period.
Senior researchers must provide an invitation letter from the university which specifies the teaching elements they would be engaging in during the research stay.
The period of research stay must be 3 weeks only. The grant is available for South-South (900 CHF), South-North (4200 CHF), North-South (1500 CHF) exchanges.
- For mobility within South Asia, one of the partners needs to be member of the CLOC network for both categories of applicants
Membership to CLOC is not a criterion for mobility between South Asia and Switzerland
Call for application to the 2022 mobility grants are now CLOSED.
Mobility Grant Winners 2022
- Ghulam Haider, National University of Sciences and Technology
- Nishara Fernando, University of Colombo
- Peter Marty, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- Manish Kumar Jha, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Rajeev Kumaramkandath, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, India
- Meeta Keswani Mehra, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Mohamed Esham, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
- Devashish Saurav, Ashoka University